Friday, February 25, 2011

The Photo

There was a girl
so small and meek
Her eyes, oceans of sadness
Laughter peaked out
and pulled at the corners of her mouth
But only when you walked by

You were the sun
you made it light
when there was nothing but darkness
And she revolved around you

She was your sun
She made it light
when there was nothing but darkness
And you revolved around her

You danced around another
ever twirling
lives entwining
ever loving
Each held in the eye of the beholder

But one day the light went out
the dancing stopped
and your world crashed down around you
Standing alone in the dark
your heart torn open
bleeding on the floor

You picked up the pieces
and walked on through the dark
never seeing light
until you let me in

I opened a door
let a sliver of light peak in
and you jumped

Your ever burning light
could not brighten your own way
but one glance
and I was ablaze

But it wasn't enough
it never would be
because I wasn't her
and I had a secret

I envied her all along

No comments:

Post a Comment