Thursday, January 4, 2007

Under Quarantine

The acid in my stomach slowly rises
I try to fight it
feeling weak, tired, and numb
I'm using every bit of me I have left
to deny this feeling
keeping from spewing every heated word,
putrid thought,
and the bile from within me
I haven't eaten in three days
as this fever spreads throughout my body
I wake up from these nightmares
in cold sweats and violent tremors
I lay staring blankly at my ceiling
thinking, breathing, only being
This disease is spreading through me faster than I can fight it
I don't know how much longer I can take it
each day gets worse and worse
the days are getting longer
and the screams are getting louder
and everything is imploding
...
30 seconds from the finish line
and there you are
right where you've always been

a cure for this deadly cancer

No comments:

Post a Comment