Wednesday, June 27, 2007

In the Fog of Dreams

Like a blur
life does not merely pass me by
yet you seem to stay in the shadows
and like a dream you haunt me
I only see you when I'm sleeping
moonlight aloe
soothes daylight burns
and I'm wondering what I'm doing here
the flood gates break
and in a rush of emotion I'm caught up in something deadly
what exactly are we doing here?
the room is spinning
and the ringing in my ears is getting louder
this has gone way past simple confusion
rock solid my feelings stood cemented
yours, however, were ground on loose soil
slipping
in an avalanche of fear things seemed to change
but just for one
just for you
can you blame my mind for spinning?
in this whirlpool you've created
falling faster, and faster
you tried to stop it
but you're the one who pulled the plug
The damp cold consumes me
fear, confusion, and anger jolt me
...as I wake up in this cold sweat

No comments:

Post a Comment